Tuesday, 19 May 2009

My forgotten blog!

I can't believe that it is 18 days since I have been on here...is that good or bad? It is good in that it means I have been very, very busy working my crafting socks off but on the other hand it is bad because it means I have been working so much that I haven't had time to do anything other than work! Does that make sense?
Anyway, I have a couple of free days this week so yesterday, I had a little trip to the hospital to see my friend Robert who has been very ill recently. He is still in Intensive Care but was awake and moving his arms and leg a bit and actually smiled at me a few times. We even held hands too which is fantastic considering he was unconscious last week. It looks like he is slowly getting better, thank goodness.
Well...tomorrow is Craft club and it is 2 years since we got up and running. I can't believe it. I am so pleased and very thankful to all my lovely members who come along every week through wind and rain. They are a wonderful group of ladies and I love each and every one of them. So tomorrow evening, we will have our usual crafting session with the raffle and we will celebrate as we craft with sweets and laughter. We will also be officially naming our club. After many weeks of pondering over names and ideas, we finally came up with 'Meet the Flockers'!!! Isn't that funny?! The ladies started using the flocking powders recently and love them so much that every week they just crack jokes with the word 'flock' in them. So if you have used flocking yourself and also enjoy comedy films like 'Meet the Fockers' you will understand how the name became very appropriate for the club. I am really looking forward to our meeting tomorrow night. I am proud that my little club is still going 2 years later...fantastic!!!
Have a good day everyone!
Love Sheila x

3 comments:

Kath said...

so pleased to hear that your friend is making progress and say a big hi from me to all the "Flockers"....Hugs Kath xxxxx

Rose Charles said...

sounds like you have been busy! Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary of your club :-)

I hope your friend gets better soon.

Rose XXX

craftydevil said...

So glad Robert is feeling better it's a weight off your mind - can't wait for tonight luv Irene