Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Sometimes life can be cruel.

I have had a strange day today. On Sunday, we heard that a friend of ours who was diagnosed recently with MS had taken a turn for the worse and was seriously ill in hospital. He is only 30 and after hearing the news I just haven't been able to get him out of my mind. So I nipped up to the hospital this afternoon. He is really ill and I can't believe the change in him since January. I sat by his bedside today and spoke to him even though he was sleeping all the time and in the last 2 hours of me sitting here thinking about him, I feel really down and upset about him. My head aches with fighting back my tears so now I am having a little cry about him after speaking to his Dad on the phone.
I really hope that he can find some strength from somewhere to help in what might be a long recovery process. We have to stay hopeful and keep our fingers crossed.

I don't want to end my post with unhappy news so I will tell you about a lovely craft shop in a local town which a friend told me about 2 weeks ago. It seems like the shop has been open for two years and I had absolutely no idea!! So I paid a visit there and it is very nice with pleasant staff, lots of stock and tonnes of stamps.....so I will be visiting there again and telling everyone about it. They have also just opened a Coffee Shop within the Craft store so what could be better? Coffee, cake and crafting all at the same time.............JOY! 
Bye for now, Sheila x

6 comments:

SemSee said...

I'm so sorry to hear your news. It's so difficult to find the right words to say, so just know that my thoughts are with you and your friend. x Sem x

Kath said...

oh sheila....I am sorry to hear about your friend....Hugs Kath xxxxx

redsmudge said...

Hugs to you, Sheila for your friend! I know somebody with MS and he takes it all in his stride and trys not to let it get him down, and has 2 beautiful kids to boot! Coffee and craft sounds like a perfect combination to pick you up!! HUGS XXX

Crafty Lynn said...

Come on you can't say this and then not tell where the shop is ....

Lynn x

Dawn said...

Sending you a big hug Sheila.

Can tell your mind was elsewhere as you said what a lovely shop it was but didn't name it :-)) Come on all good shops deserve to have their name shared

Speak soon

Dawn xxx

craftydevil said...

So sorry to hear you have more sad news Sheila, I will be thinking of you.
Hugs Irene xx