Sunday, 8 March 2009

CCSR Paper Piecing Challenge

Good morning! 

Here is my attempt at the Paper Piecing Challenge using this great range of Clare's.

While I was thinking about making this card, I came up with the idea of swapping the stamps around a little to make another girl out of the existing two in the collection. So by stamping the two girls a few times on to both cardstock and patterned papers, I managed to merge the two together to come up with this hybrid version, complete with paper pieced party outfit in brown and white. I really enjoyed experimenting with this to see if it would work and it did! So meet 'Mixie'.....a 'mixture' of two girls rolled into one! 


 PRODUCTS USED- Clare Curd's Signature Range...Stamping Chic - Party, Sentiments, The Big One papers, 
   Papermania A6 Card blanks - Latte,  Papermania Felt Ribbons, Papermania Adhesive Stones, Papermania Buttons,     Core-dinations Cardstock,  Color Box Fluid Chalk inkpad Dark Brown, Anita's Ribbon Thin Organza, Whispers Brush
   Markers.

6 comments:

Kath said...

fabulous card Sheila and I love your paper piecing and not only that a bit of body piecing going on too...enjoy the rest of your weekend
Hugs Kath xxxxxx

Clare said...

Great card Sheila! Loving the colour scheme. love, Clare x

Dawn said...

Luuuuuuuuv it - but then I like all your work :-) Hope you are well and I'm really pleased you're busy - hope our paths cross soon xxx

Mina said...

I love this...what a clever thing to do...gorgeous colours you have used too xxx

Susie Sugar said...

Stunning card I love the chocolate colour, its lovely xx

Zoe said...

This is a really fun card! My 9yr old daughter would just love it! TFS. Zoe