Friday, 27 March 2009

Back home and still making cards!!!

Well I arrived back home on Tuesday evening after a long drive home from Dorset.
We left here on Wednesday the 18th and drove to the Olympia in London to set up for the show the following day. We arrived in the building and headed to our own areas where we started to unpack boxes and set up the tables, materials and tools for the workshops. Beckie Dreyer was hosting the scrapbook workshop and I was doing the card-making. Clare was in the demonstration theatre in the basement demoing her new Signature range.
I could see some advertising boards in my area, two of them which showed one of my projects which I made for the Do Crafts website. I was thrilled to see the huge 1.5m square panels and was given permission to take one home after the show. It is now hanging on the wall of my craft room and I love it!!
Here is a photo of my workshop once it was set up. If you look carefully, you can see the board with my card on, it is to the right of the one with the three punches on. 



It was such a fantastic experience to be part of and I loved it. My feet were what suffered most and I ended up in stocking feet by the end of the first day and there were 3 more days to go! Anyway, I wore my flat shoes for the rest of the week and that seemed to help. They are still suffering a little though.
The workshops went really well for all of us and we had lots of positive comments and good feedback from the customers who attended, so thank you to them for coming along. It was nice to meet lots of passionate crafters and some total beginners too.
So today, I have been making samples for my demo tomorrow and posting my colour challenge card on Clare's blog. You can see it here if you are interested. 
Better get back to crafting now...I have to make a couple more samples yet. 
Cheerio x





No comments: