Saturday, 17 January 2009

A fab few days in Dorset

Here is part of a card I made last week for a friend who's daughter was 21. She is particularly interested in music and plays drums and piano so this is what I came up with. I made one for her when she was 18 and she loved it so much that she framed it so I hope she likes this just as much.
Got back from Do Crafts in Dorset late on Thurs evening after a productive few days there. Clare and myself drove down there to plan the demos and workshops which we will be doing at the Olympia in London between March 19th - 22nd. I am so excited to be taking part in the show where I will be running 4 card-making workshops per day over 4 days. It will be hard work but it's a fantastic opportunity for me and I can't wait to get stuck into preparing my samples and instructions.
Do Crafts headquarters is a fantastic place with lots of people  working hard in the office on all kinds of designs and projects along with everything else that makes a place like that run smoothly. There is a huge warehouse with millions of craft products on shelves from floor to ceiling and lorries in the delivery bay being filled with orders from dawn to dusk. It is a crafters dream!!!
It  was also nice to meet many of the Do Crafts team in person at last. We ate in the hotel together and met for breakfast too before going to the office. After all the meetings and serious stuff, Clare and I went to the 'Bournemouth Asda' before walking along the beach to collect some huge shells. We also overdosed on impressions and laughter as usual so all in all it was a great trip. 
I spent 2 out of 3 days in the craft room making cards for Clare to take to QVC on Tuesday. Another couple of designers were drafted in too to help out with the samples so it was all hands on deck churning out cards, scrap pages and boxes! So make sure you tune in to QVC on Tuesday morning from 12am onwards to see Clare in action!

Off to put some salmon in the oven for tea now. Bye for now x

No comments: