Sunday, 28 December 2008

Gone is Christmas for another year

Just waiting for the 1st January to arrive now and then we will be off again into another year with new challenges and projects. I have some demos booked in my diary already and one or two other first time projects to start so I am really excited to get stuck in to 2009's crafting.
Christmas has been fairly quiet for us really and we have visited our families this year instead of them coming to us. So we have just eaten, chatted and relaxed amongst the wrapping paper and party hats! As for new year, well, My hubby always works on New Years eve (as he is a  musician), so I usually have a quiet night of tv with a glass of alcohol at midnight, that's if I am not asleep on the settee by that time! Never been a fan of New year so I like to just stay in and relax quietly without all the noise and chaos. I am just a misery I suppose!
We are just watching a programme on tv about James May's toy collection from the 60's and 70's and it is fab because my husband and I had some of the toys that he is showing, Lego, Action man, Sindy, Airfix kits  and Hornby trains.....fabulous!

Had a busy but really exciting two days last week in London with Clare. We arrived at the hotel where we had a quick cuppa then set off for QVC. It was so interesting to meet the planners and presenters and see what goes on behind the scenes. I had a ball helping Clare set up her boards and pods with the products and samples. Clare has only done it once before but knew the routine like she had been doing it for 20 years. She is a natural at things like this. As ever, she was completely in control, very efficient and totally professional. I was proud of her...well done Clare!
The following day was great too because we caught the tube to Oxford Street and did some shopping, ate some lunch, then went to the Apollo Victoria Theatre to watch 'Wicked' the musical. It was fantastic and we loved it. We met up with one of my friends after the show as he was playing in the pit orchestra there so it was nice to see him, even though it was brief. In fact, we nearly missed him because we couldn't get out of the foyer with all Clare's bags of 'Wicked' merchandise...she bought loads of the stuff! 
We were so tired when we got back but were soon very happy when we looked back on the fun time we'd had. Thanks Clare, it was great.
So I will sign off for today now and settle down on the settee with my cat. Goodnight all x

1 comment:

Clare said...

Bless you Sheils, you are an absolute angel and I couldn't have done QVC without you!

Wicked was Wicked! and I absolutely loved it. Dancing through life...la de da...if I was a boy...la de da.

Love, Clare x