Friday, 28 November 2008

Brrr it's cold!


Oh it's cold here today.
I have just been out to buy a couple of Christmas pressies and to get myself some new black gloves as mine disappeared last weekend somewhere between my demos. However when I looked in the glove section, I only found 2 pairs of black leather ones and both pairs had the left hand missing so I just had to leave the shop without buying any gloves. Maybe I will nip into town in the morning and get some there. 
I have no demo this weekend so I am going to do some housey chores and try to start making my Christmas cards. I have been making Christmas samples for demos since July so am not really in the mood for making more. Maybe I will get some inspiration once I look through all my 'new' stuff that I have bought at the last couple of shows.  I do have one demo left next weekend at 'Craftworld' in the Lowry outlet mall in Salford. This is just an independent demo which I was asked to do so I am looking forward to that, particularly as it is my last one of 2008. I have had lots of demos this year which has been great so I am looking forward to 2009 in the hope that it brings in more work for me. Above, you will see a card made last week using Basic Grey's 'Wassail' along with Papermania textured card and some Doodlebug rub-ons.
This is just the best job ever for me. From being a little girl, I have had to create something on a daily basis whether it has been a dolls dress, a knitted bag, a wigwam with poles and fabric or a greeting card,  it is all I have ever thought about for as long as I can remember.  Now that I have my own workroom with all my own stuff around me, I could happily lock myself away in here and just create until I am too old and frail to move!!
I'm pretty sure there are lots of other people who just feel the same way too!

Well I am off to make my tea now. My Husband Richard has gone working in Brighouse in Yorkshire tonight with his band so I will be able to get settled in my room with my laptop, my tv and my Cricut and have the best time ever!
Have a relaxing evening. Bye for now x

No comments: