Saturday, 19 April 2008

Made a clock this week and still ran out of time!


Well, 10 days have passed since I was last on here. I have had a really busy couple of weeks. Last weekend I went to Alexandra Palace in London to the Big stamping and scrapbooking show. I drove down at 7am and met my lovely friend Clare and off we went with purses bulging and the biggest crafting appetite ever! We had a great time rummaging through all the bargain boxes along with buying more expensive items and meeting lots of nice, friendly people along the way. We also ran into some of our Do crafts colleagues so it was nice to stop and catch up with each other.
Soon it was 5pm and time for the doors to close for the day so we went and checked-in at our hotel and then headed straight to the bar for a drink and a huge carvery! Have you ever seen Yorkshire puddings that are as big as hats?!!!! If not, then pay a visit to an Innkeepers Lodge. The puds are absolutely massive and scrummy when saturated in gravy!
We got up early the next day and went back to the show for more purchases, just incase we had missed something on the Saturday. 4pm soon arrived and it was then time to head home. I dropped Clare at the station and then got my journey underway. It was 4.30pm by this time so I drove like the clappers and pulled on to the drive at 7.30pm. Not bad going really saying that I drove through the most horendous storm ever plus 6 miles of roadworks at 50mph!
Monday I relaxed and tried to recover then Tuesday I spent looking after my 1yr old nephew for 8 hours while his mum went to work. I definately slept on Tuesday night I can tell you. Wednesday I prepared a project and 16 card packs for my craft club and also made a clock for my sis-in-law who had a birthday. The acrylic clock kit was bought from Stamps Away at the show in London.
Thursday and Friday I did some prep for my demo today at Hobbycraft and tomorrow I will be visiting the cemetery with my mum and sister. There is always something to be done and my days are always filled with stuff. In amongst all these things I still have to run the house and sort out 'home' duties. In my next life I will be a man or a cat. Both of these seem to be the best lifestyles possible!!

2 comments:

Mandy - Crafty Angel said...

This is beautiful, really stunning, finally get a mo to go and check out the blogs of all the do designers!!

Mandyxx

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more Sheila, I spent all today prepping a meal for this evening and freezing vegetables - will I get any thanks.... er no I don't think so. See you Wed.
Irene